Sunday

July 19, 1951 - All-Star Game

In honor of the All-Star break (my hubby is a huge Phillies Phan [yes I meant to spell it that way.])  We do go to modern games from time to time because a day at the baseball park no matter what decade your in is a great day out.  This got me thinking about the game that would have taken place this year [1951].  I was blown away by the amount of future amazing Hall of Famers were part of the teams and the legendary Ty Cobb threw the first ceremonial pitch from the stands something I wasn't used to seeing but the husband explained that it was something that was routinely down back then.

Here is the highlights reel:


I also took a little trip to the Wiki world and here is the information provided by them.

THE STARTING LINE-UP


BOX SCORE


HOW THE RUNS WERE SCORED

I hope you all find this as interesting as I did.
Till Later!

0 comments:

Post a Comment